Employers and employees reported almost 3 million work-related injuries to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2017. If you’ve suffered an accident, injury, or illness while in the service of your job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation. Chad Mathey, DC, an expert chiropractor at Crown Medical Center in Huntsville, evaluates your injury and pain level, comes up with a treatment plan, and fills out any necessary paperwork for your claim. To set up a workers’ compensation examination, call the friendly Crown Medical Center staff or use our online form.

Worker’s Compensation Q & A

What kinds of injuries does workers’ compensation cover?

Workers’ compensation is designed to cover an injury, accident or illness you suffered as a direct result of your employment. While each case is decided separately, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation for your injuries, pain, and disability if you suffered:

  • Work-related car accident
  • Repetitive stress injury (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome)
  • Asthma or other illness
  • Burns
  • Wounds
  • Amputations
  • Broken bones
  • Assault

If you’re unclear about your benefits, consult with your union representative, workers’ compensation representative, or lawyer.

Does workers’ compensation cover chiropractic services?

If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident, workers’ compensation may cover any medical expenses related to your care, including chiropractic services. During your consultation, Dr. Mathey conducts a comprehensive physical examination, orders necessary tests, makes a diagnosis, and fills out any paperwork you may need for your claim. Dr. Mathey can coordinate your care and paperwork with your entire workers’ compensation team, including other medical providers.

Will workers’ compensation cover pain treatment?

If you receive pain management care for your employment-related injury, you should report the treatments on your claim form. Dr. Mathey can help you find relief from both acute pain (suffered at the time of the injury) and chronic pain (pain that continues for three months or more). You may need acute or chronic pain management treatments if you suffered injuries to your:

  • Spine
  • Joints
  • Head or face
  • Eyes or ears
  • Internal organs
  • Brain (traumatic brain injury, or TBI)
  • Fingers, hand, wrist, or forearm
  • Toes, ankle, or foot

Dr. Mathey devises short- and long-term pain relief plans that are individualized for your needs.

How does a chiropractor treat acute and chronic pain?

Chiropractic medicine is a holistic practice whose purpose is to put your body into homeostasis — a state in which your body and mind work together to heal you. Dr. Mathey aligns your spine so that it functions optimally, which allows all of your other body’s processes to perform well, too. Therapies may include, but are not limited to:

  • Spinal manipulation
  • Spinal decompression
  • Massage and ultrasound therapies
  • Nerve blocks and injections
  • Dietary modifications
  • Supplements and herbs
  • Physical therapy

To set up a workers’ compensation consultation, contact the helpful staff at Crown Medical Center. You can also book your appointment online.